I need someone to create me an FTP script that will allow me to copy multiple directory's onto an ftp server. The script **must copy recursively** meaning that it will copy all sub directories and files over to the ftp script creating the same file/parent relationship and structure.
**The script must:**
- Copy multiple "home" directories and copy them onto an ftp server.
- Must be able to run in cron and have all variables stored within the script and not prompted for the administrator to answer
- The script will allow me to set a variable within the script so that it copy's every file (full backup), differential backup or incremental backup
- The script will place all files in a parent directory that will be taken from the date. Eg. /home/websiteurl/... will be created on the ftp server as /DEC252010/home/websiteurl/....
-The script must do a check after the upload is done to make sure the number of files on the ftp server equals the numbers of files copied.
- If not, the backup should restart, and start the process over again. If the files copied does not equal the files created, then email the address (which should be specified in the script) saying that the backup was not successful.
- The script will email an address (that can be set in the script if ... the backup takes more then 1 hour to complete.
- The script must also email when the backup is starting, and when the backup is complete
**This script must not compress the files at all. (Eg. using tar or zip)**
Linux centOS 5
- Any extra packages / utilities must be approved by me first if this is not part of the default linux OS install
- All specific variables should be able to be defined in a "set variables" section of teh script to specify the host, port, username, password for the ftp server as well as a list of directories I wish to copy