My company has developed a .NET application in C# that accesses a SQL Express database located on the local PC. We want someone to take that application, reuse as much of the code as possible, and convert it to a web application that uses HTML, DHTML, and/or AJAX. The final web application cannot use ActiveX controls, and must support IE 6.0+, FireFox, Safari and Opera Browsers.
The attached zip file has all requirements plus a link to some screen shots of the pc-based application.
**Each bidder must provide a list of references for similar work that they have completed, and a sample of documented source code that we can review, along with their bid.
Each bidder should provide a short description of the technologies that they anticipate using to complete the work.
**Already-existing database has 49 tables, 31 views, 26 stored procedures, and 115 triggers.
The application has 32 Windows Forms that need to be converted to Web Screens.
**Application should be developed such that common pieces of business logic, or data validation code is shared between the desktop and web applications. Shared DLLs may be used to accomplish this design goal.
Any variations to the described specifications and/or requirements may be presented to the project sponsor for consideration, but will not be accepted as part of the final deliverable if not previously reviewed and accepted by the project sponsor.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) A software installation package or script that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jan 10, 2008 6:53:36 PM:
I just updated the project description to include a scope statement that was left out: The existing database has 49 tables, 31 views, 26 stored procedures, and 115 triggers. The application has 32 Windows Forms that need to be converted into Web Screens. We will be available at 9:30am CST (GMT -6:00) on Monday January 14th to answer questions.
1. Compatible with Visual Studio 2008 Development Environment
2. .NET Framework 3.0
3. Internet Information Server V6.0
4. SQL Server 2005 SP2 (Desktop application uses SQL Express)
5. Windows Server 2003
6. IE 6.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Opera 9.0+, Safari 3.0+