Rewrite of a Firefox extension for AD-POPUP
Introduction of the product
We have a software product "Rightsnetwork Media Plugin"
containing browser extensions(IE and Firefox and Chrome).
Our product is a kind of Ad Ware software(not spyware or malware).
Japanese product page)
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]://[url removed, login to view]
You can freely try and use it online
(you can easily uninstall it completely from control panel!, see the bottom of this document).
Mainly , that shows Ad-Popup in the right-bottom cornor of the user browser tab.
responding to each user input(keyword or URL).
because the code for Firefox has a performance problem currently.
(sometimes it cannot show AD window properly), compared with IE and Chrome version.
have the same functions basically.
So you can rewrite the Firefox extension code totally, based on Chrome one working well.
The main difference of Firefox and Chrome codes, exists in
the method of popping up AD window. Firefox code pops up AD window by creating frame-window.
Chrome code pops up by injecting some tags into the document body.
We want to improve the code(for Firefox) in performance, and
rewrite the Firefox extension totally, based on the Chrome extension.
That functionarity is very simple.
1. In the browser tab, everytime a kind of "Document completed" event happens,
you(the extension module you make) can get the two information by using extension API.
the URL and a string defined in title tag in the page.
2. You send them to another
local process(exe) already running background. (via http protocol).
3. Immediately, you receive the information which is needed to show AD popup.
A. URL of the AD image itself(JPG or GIF)
B. URL of the AD frame/image information(JSON.. image size etc...)
C. URL of the AD frame itself(PNG)
4. You create the popup frame by using JS or CSS functionarity and
pop it up at the right-bottom cornor of the browser tab,
and in that frame, the AD image to be showen.
5. This flow must be maintained per each browser tab individually.
6. We need a professional and skilled person, that can consider asynchronicity
of the functions of the software, and its stablity enough.
To judge whether you can do this job or not, I recommend you first try and use it.
(I mean you may install the software into your own pc and check it).
you can easily uninstall it completely from your PC by control panel.
We can provide you with the further detail information that is needed for your job
and share our source code already running.
How to test:
1. Your PC must be Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7 or 8
with Firefox or IE 7-10(Desktop ver.).
2. Install the software from this page(by using IE or Firefox).
http://22.214.171.124:8088/admatch2D/ponyo/[url removed, login to view]
(Turn off any virus/firewall software).
3. After installation completed, wait several minutes, and launch IE or firefox.
4. Launch the browser, Check the browser plugin enabeld.
5. See the popup-ad shown with any popular words(DVD or something).